D&I Committee and YMCA Training, Inc. Begin Legal Module
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
The Boston Chapter Diversity & Inclusion Committee & YMCA Training, Inc.
Legal Office Assistant Training Program
Great news! The Legal Office Assistant Training Program is under way! The Program’s first session will begin on March 5, 2019. On behalf of the entire Diversity & Inclusion Committee – thank you to all of the Boston Chapter Members that contributed their personal & firm time to developing this program. The following is a short outline of the areas that our training will cover, including the Chapter Member that will presenting each program:
1. Working in the Legal Field – An Overview - Loretta Connolly
2. Getting Employment in the Legal Field - Ian Breslin
3. Legal Terminology & Abbreviations - Loretta Connolly
4. Office Equipment & Recordkeeping - Kim McMahon & Theresa Noftle
5. Meeting Planner/Scheduler/Front of House - Paula Clasby
6. Advanced Outlook Skills - Shirley Tootiani*
7. Legal Documents & Letters - Kim McMahon
8. Advanced Word Skills - Shirley Tootiani*
9. Soft Skills - Theresa Noftle
*Shirley Tootiani is an independent MS trainer and her services are being provided by Gesmer Updegrove
Along with the training, committee members will participate in an employer panel with other employers in the Boston area. We will assist with resume writing, mock interviews, internships & classroom simulations.
One of our Chapter Business Partners, EPIQ, is also partnering with this program to provide internships and possible employment opportunities for graduates of the program. Thank you to Kim LaPaglia and EPIQ for their sponsorship and for sharing their office knowledge with us.
The Legal Office Assistant Training Program is a work in progress, and the D&I Committee looks forward to your comments and suggestions. Please contact Kim McMahon or any other committee or Board member with suggestions or questions.